Friday, May 27, 2011

The Meeting

My heart was still pounding remembering the cruel death of my father. All I saw just seemed real. It was not just a mere dream. I was there and I saw Englum kill my father. I sat up with George still looking at me. I looked at him straight in the eyes and said. “Let’s get Englum.”

Surprised by what he just said, Cedrick’s eyes widened. “Wow!” He said briefly while staring at me like I was some sort of a weird person. Few seconds later, he started to babble. “Are you high? A long sleep and suddenly you wake up brave enough. That’s cool. Yesterday, you wouldn’t even believe me and you even had a lot of questions and theories. That’s odd huh!” Cedrick blabbered. He talked fast that I couldn’t even catch up with some of the words he said.

“Cedrick… The staff teleported my spirit back to the past.” I said.

Cedrick jerked a bit. He must’ve been surprised that he just stared at me for a minute.

I sighed. “I’m serious. Don’t you believe me? You’re the one who said Trandoz is a world of science and magic. And yes, my spirit traveled back to the past.”

Cedrick tilted his head sideways before he responded. “Yeah. That is true. Physical bodies can teleport but spirits…” he paused. “That’s…”

I didn’t give him a chance to continue. “Also real. Just like what you did to my father’s soul. You extracted his soul and teleported him back to the mortal world. That’s what you did, right?”

He was astounded for a moment and then he nodded. “Well, yeah, it was even my first time to do it. Never thought I could but I did.”

“I saw everything!” I told him. “I knew everything!”

Read more in this link...